Best Internet Spam-Fighting Resources
Annoyed at that flood of unsolicited email in your inbox? Sick and tired of spam and decided you're not going to take it anymore? Good for you! Here are some popular Internet resources that can help you fight back:
- CAUCE -- Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email
CAUCE is an advocacy organization seeking legislative remedies to the problem of junk email. Their site is a good resource for people trying to fight spam.
This site offers much good advice for getting yourself off and keeping yourself off the spam lists, and combating spammers successfully.
- Sam Spade
A great toolkit for the anti-spam detective. Allows you to track down spammers using Ping, DNS Lookup, Whois, Traceroute and Finger.
- ScamBusters Stop Spam Page
Good resources and tips for reducing the amount of spam you receive.
Paste a spam message into the box on SpamCop's page, and it will analyze the message, identify where it was sent from and generate a complaint to the spammer's network administrator.
A software application for filtering unsolicited email and composing complaints against spammers.
- Spam Recycling Center
Forward your spam to the Spam Recycling Center and they will send it on to federal authorities for action. Also, the messages you submit will be used to help anti-spam software companies improve their products.
Understanding the request form...
- What are you selling: Most email campaigns are selling a product or service. Name that product and/or service in this field. (for example: security services, accounting software)
- Target Market: Name here who you see as the market or potential buyers of your product/service. (for example: home owners, accountants)
- Size of your mailing: How many emails do you plan to send -- this will affect your potential revenue and cost. (for example: 100,000 to 250,000)
- Your Time Frame: When do you plan to do your mailing? (for example: mailing within one month)
- Campaign Details: Give a more complete description of what you are planning. (for example: I plan to do 3 sequential mailings to homeowners in New Jersey in order to sell a new security system.)
If you are looking for a list or marketing services please fill out the form below and you will receive proposals pertaining to your project.
Request Information From Suppliers